As news continues to pour in that Fed Rates are likely to go near or at zero interest rate level, we think that Fed. should get out of its stunned posture and take more drastic measures like bringing the rates down to zero percent levels. These are indeed difficult times and magnanimity of problems require Fed. to take magnanimous steps. It should act fast and give the economy the much needed fiscal jolt. Unfortunately, Fed has a history of doing too little and too late.
After detailed analysis of issue and reading the material suggested below, we have come to conclusion that there was never before a time, so good ,for adopting zero interest rate policy. we put forth our set of 10 reasons why Fed. should go for it.
1. Zero interest rate will encourage investment throughout the economy.
2. Zero interest rate will make capital purchases financially more attractive.
3. Zero interest rates will encourage people to Invest rather than Lend.
4. It will create more jobs as people will make investments in securities or real plant and equipment.
5. Zero interest rates are expected to take gas out of Commodities and Gold.
6. Probably it is the best tool to get out of depression. (We used it in 1930′s)
7. Liquidity trap is just a theoretical construct, not an actual phenomenon.
8. Remove the burden on tax payers to bailout banks and stock markets.
9. Bank of Japan has successfully used this model for decades to support Its Fiscal System.
10. Fed can adopt “Non-Standard” fiscal measures to stimulate growth.
Boomerangs are L-shaped objects that return back to the person who throw them in any direction. Credit Cards are made of rigid and virtually indestructible plastics and hence they are a good candidate for the job of making boomerangs. A quick look at this Wikipedia Article will give you a fair idea of boomerang basics.
This is much easier for all of us if we can explain the process with images. so i have put up some before and after images of a cute little boomerang made out of a stores card. It is more enjoyable when you do it with a valid card. expired credit cards are not that much fun to play with. leave them for your children to play with.
You can also do it with ATM Cards like I have done below but still they are not as much fun as credit cards are.
These boomerangs won’t fly right away. You will have to follow these instructions to make the boomerangs fly.
As you till try to do this, you will be amazed to realize that it takes a bit of a practice before you can flick properly. here are few tips:
– Try twisting them a little bit (helps for a longer flight)
– Try rounding off the corners.
– Experiment other shapes…
A well made credit card boomerang normally flies up to 5 meters and comes right back to you.(well almost… : )
Here are a couple of more tips:
– Un-equal arm lengths make the credit card boomerang fly better. So it’s alright if you don’t cut them properly.
– Credit Card Plastic is quite hard and if you are lucky enough to make a good boomerang, It WILL come back to you. Just be care full not to hit yourself or someone around you in eye with that. Supervise your kids if and when they are cutting up your credit cards for fun.
– If you are interested to know more about science behind this, you would find this article very useful.
Do let me know how your credit card boomerang worked. I am interested to know if a MasterCard flies better than VISA card. I have heard AMEX are the best..